Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Zucchini Casserole

I have a zucchini plant that is out of control, so I'll be posting a lot of zucchini recipes! Zucchini is a super food, so this is a delicious, creamy recipe that gets a lot of good veggies in your family. I got this recipe from a good friend that has a beautiful garden that I envy. I'm just lucky enough that she shares with me! I added mushrooms to this because I had them in my fridge, and served it with a piece of grilled salmon. A grilled chicken breast or pork chop would be lovely too...enjoy!

Zucchini Casserole
2 lb. zucchini, diced (about 2-3)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 carrots, grated
1 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 box chicken stuffing

Saute zucchini, onion, and carrots in a little olive oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and cook until veggies start to soften (about 5 minutes). Combine cooked veggies with sour cream and soup. Mix melted butter with stuffing mix. Put 1/2 of stuffing in a buttered casserole dish or 9x13 pan. Pour zucchini mixture on top. Top with remaining stuffing. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment