Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pasta Bake Florentine

This recipe is right up there with lasagne in my book - delicious! This is from a new cookbook I got from my sister for Christmas (thanks, Chris!). My other sister, Lori, made this same recipe with chicken and said it was equally delicious. Change it how you want, and make it your own! Here's how I made it...
Pasta Bake Florentine

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, minced
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 pkg. mushrooms, chopped
salt & pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar pasta sauce
1 c. marinated artichokes, drained & chopped
10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed & drained (or fresh baby spinach)
8oz. pasta, cooked (penne, cavatappi, rotini, whatever...)
8oz. mozzarella, shredded

Brown ground beef and drain (if needed). Add onions, pepper, mushrooms, garlic, and salt & pepper. Saute a few minutes until veggies start to soften. Stir in artichokes, spinach, and pasta sauce. Stir in cooked pasta. Transfer to a lightly greased casserole; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 min. until heated through and cheese is melted.

*If you want to stretch this recipe out - add another 8oz. pasta and another jar of pasta sauce. This is REALLY good reheated with a little more pasta sauce!

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good- going to have to make this one! Wondering which pasta sauce you use? I always have a glazed look when trying to decide between them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great recipe for homeade sauce that I love (and will have to post), but in a pinch - I like plain old regular Prego!

    ReplyDelete