Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

There's a million variations of this comfort food, and I've made my own crust and filling and tried numerous recipes, but I always come back to this one because it's SO quick & easy. And my husband prefers this one over any of the others I've made. You can use any veggies you like, or switch it up with leftover pot roast and beef gravy, or skip the top crust and top it with leftover mashed potatoes. Make it your own!

Chicken Pot Pie
3 large chicken breasts, cooked & shredded, or use rotisserie chicken from the store
1 bag frozen veggies, thawed (I use the carrot, green bean, & corn mix, and add a handful of frozen peas)
2 jars chicken gravy
1 pkg. Pillbury pie crust (2 crusts in 1 package)

Mix together your cooked chicken, thawed veggies, and chicken gravy. Add salt & pepper to taste. Roll out 1 pie crust into a pie plate. Pour the filling in and unroll the other crust on top. Seal the edges all around by pinching them together. Cut a slit in the top so it can vent while baking. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes - until golden brown and bubbly. Serves 4-6


No comments:

Post a Comment