Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Restaurant Style Salsa


It's been WAY too long since I've posted something new. My new obsession is The Pioneer Woman...she has an awesome blog and a new cookbook and I love her! Her recipes are simple and delicious - check out her website, she's very fun to read (and hilarious in my opinion; I relate to her in a lot of ways) http://thepioneerwoman.com/. Anyway, this is one of her recipes. Personally, I love pico de gallo the most but if you don't have the time to chop all that up, this is a delicious, fast and easy alternative with just enough kick.


Restaurant Style Salsa

1 28oz. can whole tomatoes with juice
2 10oz. cans Rotel (I use one original and one mild)
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/4 t. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. cumin
1/2 c. fresh cilantro
1 lime, juiced

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the consistancy you like; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. ***If you do not like spicy - use mild Rotel and seed the jalapeno completely to get the heat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment