Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Best Fudge Brownies Ever

I would pick a warm brownie over just about any other dessert. There's nothing that is more satisfying than a brownie with a cold glass of milk, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I found this recipe on my "King Arthur Flour" bag, and I don't think I'll buy another box mix again!

Fudge Brownies
2 sticks salted butter
2 1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. Dutch-process cocoa
1 t. baking powder
1 T. vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13" pan.

In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Then add sugar and stir to combine until hot, but not bubbling. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.

Stir in cocoa, baking powder, and vanilla. Add the eggs and mix well with a spoon. Then add the flour and chocolate chips, stirring well until combined. Pour into pan and bake for 28-30 minutes. Cool for a minimum of 30 minutes before cutting into them...if you can wait that long!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and very much enjoying it, thanks for posting your great recipes! I recently made these brownies (I found them at the KingArthurFlour website, cannot go wrong with their recipes!) and I also thought they were better then a box mix! Which sounds odd, but is hard to find, in the past my "homeade" brownies have been dry and cake-like, not brownie like. These however WERE so so right on the money! I just had a question, are these still your favorite brownies?? IF not I would love to know if you found another...these would be hard to beat!!! Thanks! Bobbi (ps ~ I add 1/2 - 1 tsp. instant coffee granualles to mine...yum.)

    ReplyDelete