Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grilled Pineapple Shrimp


It's been so hot that the thought of turning on my oven makes me want to cry! So I've been on the lookout for more grill ideas. This one is super easy, fast, and delish! The shrimp get almost caramelized on the grill and are so sweet. I served this with potatoes and onions (on the grill also) and a salad. This serves about 2 people so double or triple it, if necessary!

Grilled Pineapple Shrimp

1 lb. jumbo shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined (just buy them that way and rinse them!)
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1 green onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
salt & pepper

Combine teriyaki, green onion, garlic, and pineapple juice in a bowl. Peel (I leave the tails on) and rinse shrimp and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Pour shrimp in marinade and refrigerate for a couple hours (or 20 minutes like me). Skewer shrimp with one pineapple chunk in between and place on a hot grill for about 2-3 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment