Tuesday, June 9, 2009

S'mores Bars


I love s'mores. The simple combination of chocolate, graham cracker, and melty marshmallow is one of my favorites! I've been known to put graham cracker squares with a marshmallow and chocolate chips under the broiler just to have one (which works great by the way). Here's a recipe I found in a Paula Deen magazine. It's so simple and so delicious!


S'mores Bars

1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 t. baking poweder
1/4 t. salt
4 Hershey's bars
1 c. marshmallow fluff

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
In small bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat until combined. Press half the dough in pan evenly. Place chocolate bars on top of dough, breaking apart as needed to create an even layer of chocolate. Spread marshmallow fluff evenly over chocolate. Spread remaining dough over top, evening out with your fingers. Bake for 30 minutes and cut into squares. Best when warm!

3 comments:

  1. My stomach is growling just looking at your blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! Can't wait to try this one. Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scouring my pantry right now for marshmellow fluff....shoot I don't have any! These look amazing. I guess I'll have to settle for another smore cooked over my stovetop tonight. I'm loving your recipes Kim! Hey do you happen to have a rhubarb cake recipe?

    ReplyDelete